- Groundwater monitoring well – these wells are principally used for observing groundwater levels and flow conditions, obtaining samples for determining groundwater quality, and for evaluating hydraulic properties of water-bearing strata. Most monitoring wells are usually associated with a cleanup and require a regulatory agency’s approval before installation.
- Cathodic wells – These wells are used for cathodic protection of utility lines or….. To obtain a permit, submit a monitoring well application for approval.
- To permit the drilling, installation, and destruction of monitoring, cathodic and other types of non-production wells.
- To educate the public regarding potential hazards.
- To minimize any risks to public health
These are accomplished by compliance with Riverside County Ordinance 682 and the California Well Standards Bulletins