× Search
Saturday, March 25, 2023

Environment Health | Hazardous Materials

Hazardous Materials (HazMat)

The Riverside County Department of Environmental Health Hazardous Materials Branch is responsible for overseeing the six hazardous materials programs in the County.

The Branch is responsible for inspecting facilities that handle hazardous materials, generate hazardous waste, treat hazardous waste, own/operate underground storage tanks, own/operate aboveground petroleum storage tanks, or handle other materials subject to the California Accidental Release Program. In addition, the Branch maintains an emergency response team that responds to hazardous materials and other environmental health emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please use the links on the left side of your screen for more information about the CUPA programs. Questions about the CUPA / Hazardous Materials Branch may be directed to the appropriate branch office. Please contact our answering service at (951) 782-2968 if you require assistance after normal business hours. All specific questions regarding facilities should be directed to the district inspector.

Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) is managed by the Riverside County Department of Waste Resources.  For information on proper HHW disposal click on this link:  


Terms Of UsePrivacy StatementCopyright 2023 Riverside County Department of Environmental Health
Back To Top