There are 2 types of permits that can be obtained for temporary food facilities to operate at a community event:
- Occasional Event Permit – For an event that runs 3 days or less in a 90 day period.
- Temporary Event Permit – For an event that runs 4-25 days within a 90 day period.
Community Event Organizers
Community Event Organizers are responsible for obtaining all approvals and permits from local jurisdictions to hold their event (City; County; Police; Fire…). Prior to approval from the Environmental Health Department, an application must be submitted to the appropriate planning department for events held in city limits or in unincorporated Riverside County. Check with the appropriate planning department for more details regarding their requirements.
The following documents are required to be submitted by the Event Organizer to the Environmental Health Department at least 2 weeks prior to the event:
* If a nonprofit organization is planning on serving food to raise money for their nonprofit organization, get more information here regarding requirements.
* If a nonprofit organization is planning an event, and all the proceeds from the vendors will go to the nonprofit organization, get more information here regarding requirements.
* Information regarding requirements and recommendations from CDPH for Mega Events can be found at this website.
Temporary Food Facility Vendors
Temporary Food Facility Vendors are responsible for submitting a Community Event Temporary Food Facility Operator’s Agreement Form to the Environmental Health Department so they can be informed of the specific regulations that will be required for the type of food they plan to serve. Please review the following documents for general requirements for Temporary Food Facilities:
*Community Event Permits and Temporary Food Facility Permits are event specific. Vendors must obtain approval from the event organizer to participate in a Community Event. Event organizers are responsible for ensuring all vendors comply with all laws, regulations and requirements for Temporary Food Facilities.